Friday, February 3, 2012

Attend a Motivating Teacher Workshop!

Now that I'm not in the classroom full time, I love the fact that I'm able to get out and teach workshops a little more. I wanted to let you know about a few upcoming opportunities for professional development because two of the sessions are next week!

First of all, I'm teaching two workshops in the Asheville area on February 9th and 10th. The Western Regional Education Service Alliance is hosting them, and several spots have just been made available to the public. Those workshops:
You can follow the links for more information and email Dr. Carol Bennett if you have questions that are not answered on those pages. I know this is short notice, but I'm hoping that a few of you will be able to attend. We will have a terrific time!

The other workshop opportunities will take place this summer in Norfolk and also in the Raleigh-Durham area. One reason I enjoy the summer sessions so much is that I'm able to teach with my friend and workshop director, Pat Calfee, who makes every workshop lots of fun! In the picture above, the participants were conducting practice reading conferences, and in the picture on the left, they were doing Belly Spelling. You never know what you'll do, but you can bet it will be fun!
 
Here are the dates and information we have so far on the summer workshops:

Norfolk, VA - Register now!
Raleigh, NC - Registration coming soon!
I know some of you are thinking, "I'd love to come to a workshop, but I don't live in NC or VA." However, I also know that where there's a will, there's a way! Last summer we had attendees from Florida, Germany, and even China. These folks planned a vacation or visited family on the East Coast in conjunction with the workshop. The beaches in Virginia and North Carolina are gorgeous, so ya'll come on! Put your amazing brain to work to figure out how to make it happen, and you'll be surprised at how things fall into place!

If none of these sessions fits your schedule, why not invite me or Pat to teach a workshop in your school or district? You'll find all four of our popular workshops described on the main Workshop page on Teaching Resources. If you don't find what you need there, email workshops@lauracandler.com for more information about how to bring one of these popular sessions to your area!





Teaching Resources
http://www.lauracandler.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...