Monday, February 13, 2012

Simple Steps to Classroom Book Publishing


Note: The free webinar referred to in this blog post has already taken place. You can view the recording on the Studentreasures page.

Did you know that you can have your class publish a book for free? Here's one that my class did a few years ago, and it's something that I will always treasure. So it's only fitting that the company that published our book is called Studentreasures! Each student created a page for the book and we mailed it off to be bound as a book. Parents have the option of ordering a copy, and those sales keep the project free for teachers. You can get more information and sign up to participate by visiting the Studentreasures website.

I love this project so much that I've offered to do a free webinar next month to share this information and take the mystery out of book publishing. I'll walk you through the entire process and show you just how easy it is to get involved. I'll also be joined by several other teachers who will be sharing their own tips. At the end of webinar we'll do a drawing for three $50 gift cards to Scholastic!

Simple Steps to Classroom Book Publishing will be held March 6th at 8 p.m. EST. Visit the registration page to sign up, even if you aren't sure you can attend the live session. We'll send you the recording if you miss it. However, you must be present if you hope to win one of the $50 gift cards! Registering for the webinar will also sign you up for my Candler's Classroom Connections newsletter, so you'll get an extra bonus if you aren't already receiving it! If you are interested in the class book publishing project, there's no need to wait for the webinar to get started. You can go straight to their website and sign up right now!



Laura Candler
Teaching Resources

4 comments:

  1. I just downloaded your student treasures class book storyboard! It looks awesome and can't wait to create a class book next year! I was wondering if it was too much to ask if you could create a student treasures individual book storyboard for pages 1-13. If it is no worries...I can cut and paste Monday at school. My class is currently working on individual books. By the way I am excited about the upcoming webinar! Thanks for ALL that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I would be happy to help, but I have no idea what the individual project looks like. I've never done that one so I don't know what you want me to do. I showed my storyboard to the folks at Studentreasures and they like it, so maybe they would make one for the individual projects. If you can describe what needs to be done, I can try to modify it. Email me at lauracandler@att.net if you want me to try to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a great idea!! But I realized that it took place last year, when I tried to register:( I was wondering if the webinar recording can be accessed somewhere on your site? I would love to take a look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is a free webinar on this. So sorry I didn't update the blog post with that information. I'll do it now. You can see it on my website here: http://www.lauracandler.com/filecabinet/literacy/studentreasures.php

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...