Saturday, April 14, 2012

Save Our Planet Word Challenge


Earth Day is April 22nd, so this word game would make the perfect literacy center or cooperative learning activity this week. Students cut apart the letters of "Save Our Planet" and use them to form as many words as possible. I found that when I used this type of activity in a center at least once a week, my students' spelling abilities improved dramatically in a short time. This activity works especially well when you allow students to work together with partners. Usually I have them spend about 20 minutes trying to find words on their own, and then I let them work with a partner to continue to find more words. Just be aware that if you let your students take it home, they may get a little too much "help" with this! It's fun for the whole family! You can download it from my TeachersPayTeachers store or my Seasonal Page on Teaching Resources.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Laura! This will be great for a word work center next week!

    ❀Bethany❀
    Learning is a Journey
    Polka Dot Parlor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura ! This looks like fun.. my kids will love this :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...