Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graphic Organizers Book Finally in Print!

photo of Graphic Organizers for Reading
Yesterday morning I was working on my back deck and I heard the doorbell ring. It was 8:30 a.m. and I was expecting a very special package, so I jumped up and ran to the door. Sure enough, there was a sizable box from Brigantine Media on my doorstep, and I knew it was a case of books. Yeah! I quickly cut through the tape and pulled out the top copy of Graphic Organizers for Reading: Teaching Tools Aligned with the Common Core. Wow! What is it about holding a print copy that makes a book seem so much more real than a digital copy? All those weeks and months of hard work had finally paid off! My self-published book was good, but this one was so much better!

One reason I wanted to share this news is that many of you have already ordered Graphic Organizers for Reading and you'll be excited to know that your print copy should be on its way to you now. The books are being shipped Media Mail so you should have your copy by the end of the week. All print books are sold with a free digital copy, so hopefully you received that version when you made your purchase.

If you are interested in learning more, please visit my Teaching Resources website where you can download a free sample of the book and watch a video walk through in which I explain some very unique features. Don't forget that if you are newsletter subscriber, you can get 20% off any of my ebooks using a special discount code. You can sign up at http://www.lauracandler.com/signup.php and follow the links in the welcome message to find that code.

Finally, I want to thank Neil Raphel and  Janis Raye, the publishers, as well as Jacob Grant, the artist and book designer, for their hard work and patience with me. After all the hours of working on this book together, it was so gratifying for me to finally hold the finished product. I know that this professionally-edited and designed version of Graphic Organizers for Reading was definitely the result of a team effort, and I'm grateful to them for transforming my words into something really special.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Laura! How FANTASTIC it must have been to open that box!!! I bought this ebook from TPT and am so excited to spend some time going through it this summer and building it into my plans and units. Thank-you for all you do!

    Jen
    Runde's Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a very exciting moment, and I love knowing that teachers are really going to benefit when it's time to implement those Common Core objectives!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...