Thursday, June 7, 2012

Collaborative and Fun Online Learning!

Face-to-face teacher workshops are engaging and effective, but they're not always practical unless you live near the workshop site. That's why I enjoy teaching webinars. I discovered that it's easy to do a live presentation and share with hundreds of teachers who can participate in the comfort of their own homes! You'll notice that I said "participate" and not "watch." With today's technology, it's easy to create a webinar that's more like an online class than a presentation - a class in which participants interact with the presenter in real time. I enjoy using Blackboard Collaborate to host my webinars because participants can ask me questions and share their comments throughtout the presentation, creating a collaborative learning experience for all.

Upcoming Free Live Webinar
I'm excited to announce that my next webinar, Using Graphic Organizers to Create Reading Mini-Lessons, will be on July 12th at 8:00 p.m. EST. I'll be sharing how to create reading mini-lessons using nothing more than a short book and a simple graphic organizer. I'll also share how to create lessons for specific Common Core Reading Standards for Informational Text and Literature. Participants will receive a packet of handouts to go along with the session. The webinar is free, but you do have to register online in order to receive the recording link to watch it later along with the handouts. One luck participant will receive an autographed copy of my new book Graphic Organizers for Reading: Teaching Tools Aligned with the Common Core. Or the winner may select something else. Register for the webinar now!

Free Webinar Recordings
All of my webinars have been recorded, and they are free on Teaching Resources. You can find complete descriptions and links to the webinars on my Webinar Page. Here's a list of the 8 webinar recordings:
  • Simple Steps to Classroom Book Publishing 
  • Literature Circles Made Easy 
  • Math Problem Solving: Once a Day, The Easy Way 
  • Mastering Math Facts 
  • Reading Workshop WORKS! 
  • How to Fund Your Classroom Projects - DonorsChoose Tips 
  • Best of the School Year Live 
  • Motivating Math Stations 
My formal presentation in each webinar is about an hour, and each webinar ends with a 20 to 30 minute question and answer session. You don't have to watch the entire webinar at once, and you can scroll forward and back to skip sections or replay them. I would recommend that you watch the Q & A session at the end because a lot of great information came out in response to questions from teachers. I thoroughly enjoy the webinars and I think the participants do as well. Teachers also enjoy watching the recordings. Just today I received an email from Sylvia, a teacher in Australia who purchased Power Reading Workshop. She wrote this comment, which made my day! 
"I stayed up half the night [couldn't stop] listening to your webinar on Reading Workshop - oh so good!" 
If you are on summer break, I invite you to take time out to watch any of the webinars above that interest you. If you are not on summer break, bookmark my Free Webinars page or pin images from that page of your favorite webinars to your educational Pinterest boards to watch later.

Have you attended one of my live webinars? If so, what did you think? If not, which webinar above interests you most? Don't forget to sign up for Using Graphic Organizers to Create Reading Mini Lessons!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...