Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Laura Candler's Teaching Resources on TpT


It’s hard to believe that 2013 is right around the corner! The new year will bring many changes, but one that I wanted to share with you has to do with my Teaching Resources website. It’s actually not going to be much of a change, but it’s definitely worth a mention.

As you probably know, in addition to offering hundreds of resources for free on LauraCandler.com, I also sell digital resources and print books. Starting on January 1st, I'm going to be directing sales of digital resources to my TeachersPayTeachers store for payment processing.  It won’t seem like much of a change from your perspective because my website will look exactly the same. The main difference will be that when you click the Buy Now button to purchase a digital item, you will click through to my TpT store to make that purchase there. Here's an overview of what will change and what will stay the same.

What WILL Change
  • When you purchase a digital item, the Buy Now button with take you to my TpT store to process the payment.
  • After January 1st, you will not be able to purchase my Literacy, Math, or Super Mini Pack Combos. Because of this, I’m offering special discounts on those items from now until January 1st when they are removed from my website. If you use the discount code COMBO at checkout, you’ll get $5 off the Literacy or Math pack and $10 off the Super Mini Pack Combo. Visit my Mini Pack page to find those items.
What WON’T Change
  • Teaching Resources will look the same and will still have hundreds of freebies in the online file cabinet and on the strategies pages. 
  • You will still be able to view previews of my products directly from Teaching Resources.
  • You can still purchase hard copies of my print books and even the digital/print combos of Power Reading Workshop and Graphic Organizers for Reading directly from my website. My Classroom Book Clubs DVD will still be available through my website.
  • I will still accept checks and purchase orders myself. You can download the appropriate order forms from my Ordering Page
  • Your school can still purchase site licenses directly from my website. 
  • My prices on TpT are the same as prices on my website, and you can continue to expect reasonable prices for these time-saving materials.
Benefits of Purchasing on TpT
This change will mean that you will be making your purchases from TpT instead of from my website, but there are actually a number of benefits to doing so.  Here are some of the reasons I think you’ll enjoy using TpT:
  • The TpT site is well-organized and easy to navigate. 
  • You can follow your favorite sellers there to be notified when they add new freebies and products.
  • You can quickly see preview images of products, and you can still download complete previews of my books from TpT. 
  • Everything you purchase will be available in your TpT account so that you can download it again in the event of a computer crash. 
  • On TpT, you can purchase single copy items for yourself as well as add additional licenses for coworkers at greatly reduced prices.
  • You can earn credits for leaving feedback on your purchases, and you can spend these credits on anywhere on TpT.
  • TpT has many different payment options including credit cards, PayPal, and purchase orders.
Follow Me on TpT for Big Discounts
If you don't already use TeachersPayTeachers, the first thing you need to do is to sign up for a free account. Then visit my TpT store and click the Follow Me link at the top to be sure you are notified of any new freebies or products that I add to my store. As a way of showing appreciation to my TpT followers, I'm planning to offer 50% off all items I add to my store for the first 24 hours they are on the site. The only way you'll know that I've added these items is to follow me there to receive notification by email.

One thing that won't change in 2013 is that I plan to continue creating loads of new freebies and other teaching resources, just as I've done for over 10 years on LauraCandler.com. I still love to share resources with teachers, whether it's through my own website or TeachersPayTeachers.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...