May 26, 2013

TpT Tornado Relief Efforts

Pledging My Memorial Day Earnings

Last week when the tornadoes ripped through Moore, Oklahoma, I was visiting family in California. I hadn't been watching the news, so I had no idea what had happened until it was all over. In the airport on the way home, I started seeing the footage from the disaster area and I was absolutely stunned at the destruction. How could such a thing be possible? Two years ago my hometown was slammed with devastating tornadoes that left a path of destruction for miles, but it was nothing like the storm Oklahoma experienced. My heart aches for the teachers and students in the schools that were hit, as well as all of those affected by that storm.

Yesterday I learned that TpT sellers were putting together a huge collaborative fundraiser to raise money for the tornado victims. As a part of this project, a number of sellers are donating all or part of their profits from their May 27th sales to the Red Cross or other organizations assisting with the recovery effort.

I was touched by these efforts, and I'd like to join in by donating 100% of the profits from my TpT sales on Memorial Day to the relief efforts. You can visit my TeachersPayTeacher store and stock up on items you need for next year, knowing that your money will be going directly to help the tornado victims in Moore, Oklahoma. It's a win-win! Here are three of my most popular titles, and they are all available in digital format in my TpT store. Whether you purchase something small or this entire bundle, ALL of the money you spend will be donated.


By the way, Donna at the Math Coaches Corner is hosting a linky party of stores that are donating all or part of their proceeds to the relief effort tomorrow. After the event is over, she's compiling a list of the total funds collected and donated through TpT sellers in the linky. Please hop over to her blog and take a look at the other stores that are participating. Together we really can make a difference!


1 comment: