Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Goin' on a Blog Hunt!


How to Find and Follow Teacher Blogs 

Now that Google Reader is gone, you're probably looking for another way to organize and manage the blogs you follow. A few days ago I started using BlogLovin ... and I'm lovin' it! It's easy to set up a free account and follow your favorite blogs.

If you weren't able to import your favorite blogs from Google Reader, you're probably scrambling to track down them down now. I'm also guessing you'd love to find some new blogs to follow, too. That's why I want to take you on a Blog Hunt!

As soon as I thought of the idea, I remembered the book I read over and over to my own children. "We're going on a bear hunt, we're going on a bear hunt. Gonna catch a big one, gonna catch a big one .... we're not scared!" Does that bring back any memories? But this time we're goin' on a Blog Hunt ... click the links to the teacher blogs below to find some great ones! Don't be scared! :-)

I've just started using BlogLovin, but I already love being able to keep up with my favorite blogs easily, both on the computer and on my iPad. I also love how BlogLovin sends me an email each day with a feed of all the blogs I follow.

If you would like to follow Corkboard Connections on BlogLovin, just click the link below. It's that easy! I love sharing teaching strategies and freebies, and one of the best ways to stay in touch is to follow my blog.
Follow on Bloglovin

Summer is a great time to explore the wonderful world of teacher blogs, so check out the blogs below and find some new favorites! By the way, I want to give a shout out to Melissa Mazur of Common Core and So Much More for the cute BlogLov' sign up icon! Thanks Melissa!





Note: When you attempt to click on the images below, you may find that the Pinterest logo pops up. Just click on the upper left corner of the image to go to the blog.

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for the opportunity to find so many blogs!


    Meagan
    Oodles of Teaching Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for putting together such a fabulous linky! I tried linking up and it doesn't look as if it is appearing on the list? I tried to re-do it and it says it is posted? Maybe it is still needing to be approved :)? Hope to link up :)!
    Kathleen
    K-3 Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for putting this hunt together!! What a great idea for everyone to get some new blogs to follow.

    APril

    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Laura for putting this together. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goin' on a Bear (Blog) Hunt...what a great memory! Thanks for this resource and an opportunity to be a part of it!

    Kristen
    Aspire to Inspire

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for doing this. I love going on a blog hunt!
    Polliwog Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was (and still is) one of my all-time favorite read-alouds for little kids! Great connection!
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have tried to upload my blog but have been unsuccessful. Please help me.I am new to this.

    http://allsmilesin2ndgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Laura,
    I just tried to link up but was closed out too.
    Marion
    MentoringintheMiddle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry everyone! The whole thing got completely out of hand and I've had to close it for now. I have 50 blog posts to check before they are added, and it will take me awhile to get to them. I was planning to stop at 100 so it might be that some of those submitted won't actually get posted. I'm doing my best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea!! If it reopens I would love to link up. I am now following you on bloglovin. I would love it if you could follow me back. I am a new blogger.
    Thanks,
    Pam
    http://mrspspecialties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to know if you reopen this! I keep seeing posts about it.
    Thanks
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for doing this Laura. I am sure you are overwhelmed with people wanting to join. If there is anything we can do to help you, just give me a shout!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for hosting. I am now following you on Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting this great blog hunt. I was hoping to add my blog but I guess the collection is already is closed. I can't wait to find some new blogs to follow.

    Katie
    A Basket Full of Apples

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the idea and the amount of blogs linked here. Definitely a few new ones to be checking out. I've had you in my reader for a while now, so it was funny to read you had never used one. Glad you're finding out how convenient they make keeping up. I've decided Feedly works best for me, but know many that are also using bloglovin'.
    Happy following!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a veteran teacher and very busy graduate student, I've been working hard since school got out, and I finally have my blog McLearning going. (http://mrsmclearning.blogspot.com/)

    Lots to juggle, so I'm trying to make time, and I hope someone will consider my contributions worthy. There IS a need for more upper elementary grades participation.

    Signed up for bloglovin' and hope to make some good connections. Summer is nearly half over, so let's make the most of our time to grow and bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Laura,
    Great job! I think this is a fanastic idea! I found this post through another teacher's blog. If this opens again, I'd love to be added! :)
    Thanks,
    LeanneBaursCreativeClassroom

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are two secondary teachers who are providing creative, engaging ideas and resources for the English Language Arts classroom. Elementary teachers can't have all the fun! Please check us out to see what could work in your classroom and share with your favorite HS/MS English teacher.

    thecurlyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hate I missed this linky! I love your blog and I am now following you on Bloglovin'.

    Teaching with TLC,
    A Tender Teacher for Special Needs

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm new to the blogging world and this is a wonderful, but somewhat overwhelming list... I would love to have a blog "hunt" organized by grade levels or subjects or even one specific to NC educators!
    Thanks so much!
    Science is Inquisitive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Megan! That whole project got way out of control! If I had to do it over again I would have tried to organize it in some way. You can find links to some of my personal favorites in the sidebar of my blog. Are you a NC blogger? I am a part of a NC Facebook group for bloggers called Carolina Bloggers. We aren't real active, but most of us are going to the Elementary School Conference in Greensboro and we are doing some sessions together. If you are interested in finding out more, leave your email address here and I'll contact you.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Laura! I finally remembered to check back and I think I figured out that whole "no-reply" blogger thing so people can actually contact me! I am an NC blogger, here: Science is Inquisitive It seems like there is a great community of us! I'll have to check out the facebook group.
      I also found this site which has some awesome blogs linked up by state, so I wanted to share: Fifth in the Middle

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...