"sneak peek" page. This is our 10th anniversary year, and we have a special event planned on Sunday evening, so be sure to arrive by 1 p.m. Sunday to allow time to attend the two sessions and the anniversary celebration. To view a complete conference agenda, visit our Conference Schedule page.
Carolina Bloggers at the Elementary School Conference
- Teacher Blog Boot Camp - Presented by Jennifer Jones of Hello Literacy and Laura Candler (me!) of Teaching Resources -In this boot camp training session, you’ll discover the basics of starting a teacher blog and customizing it with unique fonts and design elements.
- DIY: Creating Terrific Teacher Resources - Presented by Deana Kahlenberg of Primary Punch and Rachel Lamb, The Tattooed Teacher - Are you interested in creating products for your classroom and beyond? Join NC Bloggers to learn the tricks of the trade.
- Cracking the Code: QR Codes in the Classroom - Presented by Kayla Eaton of Primary Junction - Discover how Quick Response (QR) Codes can engage and excite students and parents, promote independent learning, and serve as a communication tool.
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Connecting Parents To The Common Core - Kayla Eaton of Primary Junction and Rachel Lamb, The Tattooed Teacher - Learn effective strategies to increase parent involvement and help parents develop a better understanding of Common Core Standards and what is expected of their students.
- The Perfect Blend: Mixing Traditional Teaching with Technology - Presented by Heather Kaiser, the Teched Out Teacher. - This session will help you discover strategies to use new technology to change the way you teach and your students learn.
- Taming the Math Fact Monster - Presented by Laura Candler (me!) of Teaching Resources - Is the Math Fact Monster in your classroom gobbling up instructional time as your students struggle to recall basic multiplication facts? Attend this session to learn strategies for taming that Math Fact Monster!
There you have it! If you haven't attended the Elementary School Conference before, you're in for a treat. Register now, and you'll have a unique opportunity to learn from other elementary educators and network with your colleagues. If you register now and pay by September 30th, you'll be entered into a drawing for over $800 in cash and prizes, so don't wait. Plan to stay with us at the Sheraton where the conference is being held so that you can relax and enjoy yourself during your stay, and if you make your reservation by September 20th, you'll save $45 off the room rate. Be sure to find me and say hello, too. Not only am I the president this year, I'm also the conference planner and event coordinator, so I'll definitely be around all three days of the conference. But I'm never too busy to stop and meet my virtual friends in person!