Virginia Beach, VA
"This teacher workshop went above and beyond my expectations. It was practical, tangible, and inspiring. The most valuable aspect was seeing the practical and effective strategies used to not only further education but make it a whole lot of fun. I truly enjoyed this - it was the best workshop I've had in 28 years of teaching!"
With today's rigorous curriculum standards, teachers are expected to do more - and take students to a higher level of excellence - than ever before. Planning effective lessons and preparing the resources to meet these challenges can be exhausting! If only you had toolkit of teacher resources and strategies to reduce your planning time and put your students on a fast track to success.
Your wish will be granted if you attend the Teaching Resources Summer Conference in Virginia Beach this July! Pat Calfee and I are teaming up to offer you an exciting two-day event that's sure to get you pumped up and energized for the 2016-2017 school year.
We not only share WHAT to teach, we dive into best practices as we explore HOW to teach that content effectively.
The outcome? Your students will love to learn and will soar to success!
If you join us for this event, you can look forward to...
- Recharging your batteries with fresh teaching strategies
- Experiencing an exceptional networking opportunity
- Exploring a wide variety of teaching tools to ensure success for ALL students
How to Register Now and Pay Later
Getting funds for professional development during the summer can be tricky because PD funds usually aren't available early in the summer. If that's the case for you and your principal is willing to pay your registration fee later, we have you covered!
If that's a possibility for you, download and fill out this Payment Authorization Form, then ask an administrator to sign it. Next, head over to Teaching Resources to register online for one or both days of the conference. When you register, choose the Pay by Check option. Then send the form to us instead of sending a check. You'll be able to attend the conference at the end of July and pay at the door or send us a school check in August!
Math Toolkit: Engaging Strategies for Success (Grades 2-5)
July 28, 2016 - Presenter: Laura Candler
Attend Laura's Math Toolkit session, and you'll actively explore practical, easy-to-use strategies to close achievement gaps and enable ALL students to excel in math.You'll discover ...
- How to "power up" math instruction to make every lesson both rigorous and fun
- Specific lessons and activities for teaching upper elementary math content
- Painless strategies for teaching kids how to become skilled problem solvers
- Effective classroom management strategies to foster collaborative learning
- Formative assessment strategies the help you differentiate math instruction
July 29, 2016 - Presenter: Pat Calfee
Attend Pat's Literacy Toolkit session, and you’ll learn easy-to-implement strategies to build your students’ comprehension and vocabulary skills. These strategies are easily incorporated into any existing reading program to boost student achievement. You’ll discover…
- Research-based strategies for teaching 6 comprehension skills
- How Text 2 Brain Questioning can help students become proficient test-takers
- The 3 Tiers of Vocabulary, and strategies for teaching Tier 2 and Tier 3 words
- Over a dozen engaging activities to build academic vocabulary
- How to teach kids to become effective participants in literacy discussions
Register online for one or both sessions. We're offering a 20% discount for teams of four or more who register and pay together. Remember that if your school is willing to pay your fee but they don't have access to next year's professional development funds, fill out and submit a Payment Authorization form which will allow you to attend the conference and pay later.
Summer is the perfect time for professional development because you can relax and enjoy the experience without the pressures of school. Attend the Teaching Resources Summer Conference, and let us energize and inspire you with the tools and strategies to power up instruction! Enjoy networking with other educators in the luxury and comfort of the beautiful Holiday Inn Virginia Beach - Norfolk Hotel and Convention Center. Treat yourself to a vacation and a professional growth opportunity all in one - you deserve nothing but the best! Pat and I look forward to seeing you in Virginia Beach this July!