Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pay It Forward and Make Someone's Day!

Did you know that today, April 26th, is Pay It Forward Day? I actually had no idea until late last night, but I decided to put together a little freebie in honor of this special day! This activity page explains the meaning of "pay it forward" and asks students to do at least six good deeds today. Each good deed is recorded in one of the clouds. Ask students to bring their completed papers back tomorrow to share their experiences.

To learn more about International Pay It Forward Day, you can visit the Pay It Forward Foundation website. Read their How It Works page for specific activity ideas for your classroom. The site offers downloadable cards that you can print out and give to students to pass on when they do a good deed.

Because I know that many teachers will be reading this after April 26th, I intentionally left the date off this activity page. As far as I'm concerned, any day can be Pay It Forward Day! You can download this page by clicking on the image or by visiting my Seasonal Page on Teaching Resources during the month of April. If you use the activity page with your students, please leave me a message to tell me how it went. Thanks so much!


2 comments:

  1. There is a wonderful video on youtube called Lifevest inside - kindness boomerang which would highlight the power of little things and introduce pay it forward day.
    enjoy! Tania ( Shanghai, China)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...